Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Adventures with Fat Dogs

It doesn't take long before there's some sort of adventure afoot with the fat dogs. Today we were on our evening stroll and just a block from home I looked down at Tasha. Although her face was complacent enough, there was blood everywhere!

She had worn down a nail on her front paw to the quick, and with each step blood was spattering across her stomach and down her hind legs. We got her home and I had to try to wash off the blood while Nick ran to Walgreens to pick up some first aid supplies. In the time he was gone, the bleeding mostly took care of itself, but we still had to bandage off her paw in case it started again. We wrapped it up nicely, and she seemed to tolerate it just fine. You can see our handiwork here:Only a few minutes after this picture I left Tasha alone to file some papers. I should have known that the dog who loves to eat kleenex wouldn't be able to resist gauzy bandages. She had the bulk of her bandage halfway down her throat before I could pull it out.

So, we wrapped it up again, and then sacrificed one of my socks to be the bandage cover. So far she hasn't taken to eating socks, but I'll keep my eye on her!

No comments: