Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Coming Home!

Yesterday's dinner plans kept going awry. The French restaurant we wanted to go to was fully booked by an event, so we had to look for an alternative. That's when we decided to go to a Jamaican place. So we all board Marta to get there, only to find that the place is shut down. So back on Marta to the next stop in Buckhead, where we wandered basically from one stop to the next in search of food.

Thankfully we finally settled on an Italian place (we'd started this process at 6:30, and didn't get to a table until 8:00). I don't know what it is, but add some academics and some bottles of wine, and suddenly you've got a three hour meal. I didn't get back to my room until 11 pm.

Thankfully, this colloquium is now over as well. I've packed up the library, and I'm getting myself ready to head to the Marta station. Even with a gas shortage in the city of Atlanta, at least the Marta goes to the airport!

No comments: